Our Spring 2017 meeting is approaching.
The meeting will be April 25 at Shapley’s Steakhouse.
When: April 25 @ 630pm
Where: Shapley’s Steakhouse, Ridgeland
Thank you to our sponsor:
Management Services Network, LLC.
Radiology Billing Seevices
|Register to attend|
Author Archives: Henry Williams
Mississippi Radiological Society has a new Facebook page.
Like us to keep more up to date on chapter news
Click Here to visit
Confused about mammography screening? Don’t be, here are the facts
– Courtesy of the Society of Breast Imaging –
• Before mammography screening, half of breast cancer patients died from breast cancer.
• One out of six breast cancers occur in women in their 40’s.
• Breast cancer may not become lethal, but science cannot predict which cancer will grow and which will not.
• Risk-based screening has no scientific basis. Most cancers affect women whose only risk factor is their gender. Risk–based screening will miss 75% of breast cancers.
• For every 1,000 women screened there are less than 100 women asked to come back for additional views. These are usually to clarify an insignificant area. Less than 10 of 1,000 women will be recommended for a minimally invasive core biopsy. Two of these 10 biopsies will find a small breast cancer – before it has spread to the lymph nodes and requires chemotherapy or a mastectomy.
The Society of Breast Imaging‘s goal for its End the Confusion initiative is to provide evidence based information on breast cancer screening.
Mississippi Radiological Society would like to congratulate Shana Renee’ Turpin for receiving the 2016 Scholarship Award for academic excellence and sound moral character.
Shana is from Pontotoc, MS and completed her Associate Of Applied Science degree in Radiologic Technology May 14. She is a member of the colorguard, yearbook staff and Phi Theta Kappa.
Mississippi Radiological Society members on Capitol Hill meeting with MS Congressman Gregg Harper. Each year ACR members from across the country meet for the Annual ACR meeting. As a part of this meeting, members lobby their congressmen on important issues facing the field of medicine and Radiology.
Nanci Scoles, clinical instructor, presenting Ciara Williams with the Student Technologist Scholarship from the MS Radiological Society. Ciara is a student at the Hinds Community College Radiologic Technology Program.